A cruise through the golden age of Spice Trade…
Muziris the ancient world's greatest trading centre in the East, this legendary seaport traded in everything from spices to precious stones with Greeks, Romans and the rest of the world. The Muziris Heritage Project will revive that lost legacy to conserve and showcase a culture of 3000 years or more for prosperity though a cruise, on hop-on hop-off boat service.
This hop-on hop-off boat service traverses the hotspots in the erstwhile Muziris region, the hub of Kerala's ancient spice trade. Keeping tourists like you in mind, the itinerary is divided into three circuits so that you can explore Muziris and its surroundings at your own pace.
Circuit 1 :Embark at the Visitor's Centre at Kodungallur (Boat Jetty) for a dose of religion and architecture.
- Cheraman Juma Masjid
- Cheraman Islamic History Museum
- Trikkulasekharapuram Sree Krishna Temple
- Kodungallur Bhagavathy Temple
- Keezhthali Siva Temple
- Thiruvanchikulam Mahadeva Temple
- Sringapuram Siva Temple
- Kottappuram Fort
- Knanaya Thomman Church
- Kottappuram Market
- Kottappuram Waterfront and Eat Street
- St. Michael's Church
- Abdul Rahman Sahib Museum
- Marthoma Church
Circuit 2 :First stop at Gothuruth (Jetty) : Encounter the vestiges of Portuguese culture on this island.
- Gothuruth Church
- Gothuruth Performance Centre, where you could catch a live performance of the unique maritime theatre form - Chavittu Nadakam, an art form introduced by the Portuguese missionaries.
- Gothuruth is also famous for its Portuguese-inspired cuisine which includes over 100 varieties of sea-food recipes.
- Paliam Kovilakom (Kerala History Museum)
- Paliam Nalukettu (Kerala Lifestyle Museum)
- Sree Perumthrikkovil Temple
- Chendathrikkovu Sree Krishna temple
- Kottayil Kovilakom
- Sree Krishna Temple
- Chendamangalam Synagogue (Kerala Jews Lifestyle Museum)
- Vypeenkotta Seminary
- Holy Cross Church
- Jewish Cemetery
- Chendamangalam Mosque
Circuit 3 :Embark at the Paravur Visitor's Centre (Jetty) : A land steeped in history and tradition.
- Kerala Jews History Museum (Paravur Synagogue)
- Kottakavu Church
- Kannankulangara Temple
- Muziris Library
- Sahodaran Ayyappan Museum
- Cherai Beach
- Sree Varaha Temple, Cherai
- St. Mary's Church, Cherai
- Pallipuram Fort
- Manjumatha Church.
DAY EXCURSION INCLUDES
- Air-conditioned boats that can carry 25 passengers each
- Entrance fees at monuments and museum
- All Taxes
DAY EXCURSION EXCLUDES
- English speaking guide for the tours (on request)